In 1724, 180 German catholic families of Bavaria were moved to Lipova, with the purpose of colonizing this area. The church and the school were the first institutions that were organized there, in the German minority.
Around 1880, the raising of the present church began, the German school being built near it, starting with the year 1819.
The present church was finished building and painting in 1889; also at that time the place of worship was hallowed and inaugurated.
Invalid Displayed Gallery