The Lipova Museum can be found, starting with 1958, in Sever Bocu’s house – the Minister of Banat and the president of The National Peasant Party from Timis – Torontal. Between 1958 and 1972, the Old Fond is being established, composed by historical, ethnographical and folk art objects, resulted from the nationalization of Bocu’s family assets and other acquisitions.
Between 1980 and 1986, the Costescu – Varga family donates its personal art, plastic and decorative collection, thus enriching the museum heritage. The museum building is impressive, being raised under the shape of a small French style palace.
Invalid Displayed Gallery